Pressurized superfluid helium cryostat
Physical measurements in pressurized superfluid helium (dimensions of the sample: Φ ≤ 200 mm and h ≤ 200 mm, 1.6 K ≤ T ≤ 2.15 K).
- Double bath cryostat with Hampson exchanger and without nitrogen shield,
- The bath at T=4.2 K is supplied by dewar,
- Pumping group composed of a 300 m3/h vane pump, a 1000 m3/h Roots pump and a 2000 m3/h Roots pump,
- Automated cryostat control system (helium transfer, helium level, test bath at 1 mK and maximum power of 15 W),
- Multi-channel fast data acquisition system (333 kHz / number of channels).
- Absolute temperature measurements with an accuracy of ± 5 mK at superfluid helium temperatures,
- Temperature difference measurements with an accuracy of ± 1 mK at superfluid helium temperatures,
- Pressure measurements with an accuracy of ± 5 Pa at superfluid helium temperatures,
- Power measurements with an error smaller than 1%.
Achievements, related projects
- Heat transfer measurements through Nb3Sn conductor insulation in the framework of the «Next European Dipole» project,
- Heat transfer measurements through stacks of superconducting cables, Kapitza resistance measurements of epoxy resin/fiberglass composite material in the framework of the EuCard-1 project,
- Heat transfer measurements through small ducts for the "Thermal Studies" contract with CERN,
- Kapitza resistance measurements on polymer.
Last update : 06/14 2017 (3991)