Cosmologists and computer scientists working together to develop new methods of statistics, signal processing, and apply them to the analysis of data for cosmology and other areas.
CosmoStat is a laboratory of AIM at CEA/IRFU. The scientific field of the CosmoStat interdisciplinary entity is Computational Cosmology. CosmoStat goals are:
- Statistics & Signal Processing: Develop new methods for analyzing astronomical data, and especially in cosmology (PLANCK, EUCLID, etc) where the needs of powerful statistical methods are very important.
- Cosmology: Analyze and interpret data.
- Projects: Participation to important astronomical projects: PLANCK, FERMI, HERSCHEL, EUCLID, etc.
- Teaching: Teach students and young researchers how to analyze astronomical data.
- Dissemination: Take opportunity to disseminate our idea and tools in and outside the astronomical field (CEA, CNRS, University, Industry...).
More information about the lab can be found at http://www.cosmostat.org
Last update : 03/13 2018 (3047)