Life of the experiment
History and main milestones
- proposed in 1983
- approved in 1984
- 12 may 1992 : first protons-antiprotons collisions registered
- 1992-1996 : Run I: first data taking phase (with the transition radiation detector) integrated luminosity125 pb-1
- 1995 : top quark discovery (in pair production via strong interactions)
- 2001: final measurement of the W boson mass using Run I data. Achieved precision of 84 Mev (1.05%)
- 2003: final measurement of the top quark mass using Run I data, using the matrix element technique. Precision of 2.4%
- March 2001 : Data taking resumes with proton anti-proton collisions at 1.96 TeV after a 5 years long shutdown during which both the collider and the D0 detector have been significantly upgraded
- spring 2002 : end of the commissioning of the new D0 detecteur D0
- summer 2002 : first physics results from Run 2 a data
- march 2006 : end of Run 2a integrated luminosity 1.5 fb-1
- march 2006 - may 2006 : installation of layer 0 of the vertex detector and trigger upgrades
- august 2006 : Run IIb starts
- 2006 : observation of the Bs oscillation
- 2007 : observation of the electroweak production of the top quark top i.e. single top production
- spring 2007 : Tevatron has delivered 3 fb-1 to D0
- 2007 : observation of the XI_b baryon
- August 2007 : the publication of the observation of the XI_b baryon corresponds to the 200th D0 publication
- July 2008: measurement of the top quark mass with a precision of 1.2%, using Run IIa data
- July 2008: first limit from the Tevatron experiments (D0+CDF) on the Standard Model Higgs boson. Exclusion of a Higgs boson of mass around 155 GeV.
- end 2008: Tevatron deliver 7 fb-1 to D0.
- 2009: Measurement of the W mass using RunIIa data (1 fb-1). Precision of 43 MeV.
- 2011 Anomalous CP violating asymmetry in like-sign dimuon pair production.
- September 2011: final Tevatron shutdown after delivering 12 fb-1 to D0
- 2012: measurement of the W mass using the first half of Run II data. Precision of 23 MeV
- July 2012: first evidence for the production of Higgs bosons decaying to pairs of b-quarks. At the same time the Higgs boson is discovered at the CERN LHC.
- 2013: final results on the search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron. Evidence for the production of a Higgs boson of mass 125 GeV combining D0 and CDF data.
- 2014 Precise measurement of the top quark mass in the lepton+jets final state. Precision of 0.43%
- 2016 Discovery of a new states that could be a tetraquark made of 4 different flavors.
Technical and scientific achievements
- Around 150 publications from physics analysis of the Run I data
- More than 350 publications from physics analysis of the Run II data
The complete list of publications is here
Publication in the different scientific topics: Strong interaction (QCD), top quark physics, New Phenomena (NP), Higgs boson search, electroweak physics (EW), and Heavy flavor physics (HF).
#2224 - Last update : 03/28 2017