Measurement of the Thermal Conductivity of Insulators and Conductors (MECTIC)
Thermal conductivity measurements on samples (Φ ≈ 30 mm) of insulating or conducting material by using the differential or integral method.
- Measurement cell cooled with a cryogenerator (P = 1.5 W à 4.2 K),
- Sample cell :
- temperature measurements with an accuracy of ± 5 mK for 4 K ≤ T ≤ 100 K, and ± 10 mK for T > 100 K,
- thermal conductivity measurements with the differential or integral method,
- Automated measurement sequences with multi-channel fast data acquisition system.
Achievements, related projects
- Study of a CFRP support for the Herschel and Planck satellites,
- Measurements on titanium for the CMS detector in the framework of the LHC / CERN project,
- Measurements on aluminium alloy for the ATLAS detector in the framework of the LHC / CERN project,
- Measurements on several adhesives, including currently an epoxy resin in the framework of a study on superconducting cable stacks (ongoing project with CERN).
Technical steps, expertise
- Possible mechanical adjustments in order to install the sample in the measurement cell,
- Automated measurement sequences.
#765 - Last update : 09/04 2017