- Researcher in particle physics, Research director, Irfu/Dphp, CEA Saclay.
- Physics coordinator of the DØ experiment (Fermilab USA)
- Member of the Gbar experiment (CERN)
- Member of the AnaBHEL collaboration
Since 2022 Member of the AnaBHEL collaboration (black hole anologue system to study photon emission near event horizon)
Since 2015 Study of antimatter. Member of the Gbar collaboration (CERN)
- Collaboration with the French spatial agency (CNES). Study of space propulsion based on antimatter
- Supervision of a PhD student (2017–2020) studying space propulsion and optimising Gbar positron line
- (2020-2021) Simulation of acceleration and lensing at end of positron line in Gbar
- (2022) Simulation of ejection of positrons from the Gbar high field trap
2014-2021 R&D on time projection chambers (TPC) based on micromegas technology.
- Construction of a mini TPC test bench to study impact of space charge on tracking in the context of detector studies for FCC-e (Future electron Circular Collider)
- Performance studies on TPC for ILC (International Linear Collider)
- Supervision of a PhD student from IHEP (China) visiting Saclay (2017–2018)
Since 2001 Member of the DØ experiment, at the Fermilab Tevatron ppbar collider (Ilinois, USA). Main physics interests: top-quark, Higgs boson, Electroweak physics, muon tracking and identification.
Since 2020 Combination of W boson mass measurement from hadron colliders
2001–2013 Expertise in muon reconstruction and identification at DØ.
2013–2015 Study of the production asymmetry and polarization of top quark pairs.
2009–2012 Search of the Standard Model Higgs boson in the H → W + W − → μμνν channel
2003–2009 Search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the hb(b) → bbb(b) channel
2002–2005 Measurement of the W → μν production cross-section at DØ
2001–2002 In charge of the software for tracking and reconstruction in the DØ muon spectrometer. In charge of the muon matching algorithm between the central tracking system and the muon spectrometer.
1997–2001 Member of the Aleph experiment at LEP (e+e-) CERN collider. PhD at CEA Saclay on the search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in Aleph in the e+ e− → hA → bbbb and e+ e− → hZ → q q b b channels. In charge of Aleph e+ e− → hA →bbbb official analysis.
2010 French habilitation to supervize doctoral theses (HDR), From muons to supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the DØ experiment, université Paris VII.
2000 Philosophiæ Doctor, Search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the Aleph experiment, université Paris XI.
1997 Master of Science, Fields, Particles, and Matter, université Paris XI.
1996 Engineer degree by Ecole polytechnique (X93), Ecole polytechnique, Palaiseau, France.
Since 2001 Many reponsibilities and positions within the DØ international collaboration:
Since 2020 DØ representative in LHC-Tevatron W boson mass combination group
Since 2015 DØ Physics coordinator
Sep. 2014–Jan. 2015 Convener of the DØ “top, electroweak, and Higgs physics” group
2013–2014 Convener of the DØ “top and Higgs boson physics” group
2013-2015 Member of DØ speakers’ Bureau
2012–2013 Convener of the DØ “Higgs boson physics” group
Mar.–Jul. 2012 Convener of the “Search for Higgs boson at high mass” subgroup
2010–2012 Convener of the “Vector boson + jets and generators” group
2009–2010 Convener of the “muon momentum resolution” task force
2008–2012 Member of DØ editorial board: "Search for new physics in multi-lepton final states"
2005–2008 Convener of the “Muon identification and software” group
Mar.–Sep. 2005 Convener of the “Z → μ+μ− and W → μν production” subgroup
Other scientific or administrative responsibilities
2014-2021 Head of DØ Irfu/DPhp group
Since 2006 In charge of computing and computing purchase at Irfu/DPhp
2000-2005 In charge of Dapnia/Spp web site.
2021 Referee at the scientific and technical council of Irfu/Dphp about long baseline neutrino experiments
2013-now Referee for European Physical Journal C and Physics Letter B.
2009–2012 Elected member of the scientific and technical council of Irfu/Spp, Secretary.
2007 Referee for the Atlas and CMS group at the scientific and technical council of Irfu/Spp
2022 PhD Jury for Pierre Granger, “Study of Time Projection Chambers using micro-pattern detectors for the DUNE experiment ”, Université Paris-Saclay.
2020 PhD Jury for Sergey Suvorov , “Search for heavy neutrinos in the T2K experiment and upgrade of the near detector ND280”, Université Paris-Saclay.
2016 PhD Jury for Oleh Kivernyk,``Measurement of the W boson mass with the Atlas detector'', Université Paris-Saclay
2014 PhD Jury for Ivo Nicolas Naranjo Fong, “Tau lepton reconstruction and search for Higgs bosons decaying into tau pairs at CMS”, Ecole polytechnique.
2013 PhD Jury for de Dikai Li and referee for a major revision, “ Search for the standard model Higgs boson in the lν + bb final states in 9.7 fb−1 of p pbar collision with the DØ detector“, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI.
Workshops and conferences
2015 Member of the Program Committee for the “Large Hadron Collider Physics” (LHCP2016) conference, Lund (Sweden)
2014 Member of the Program Committee for Top at Twenty workshop, Fermilab, IL (USA)
2004 Preparatory work for DSM/Dapnia and IN2P3 prospect days, La Colle Sur Loup, Oct. 2004
2003 Convener of New Phenomena session, Young scientists days, (JJC2003), La Roche-en-Ardennes Belgian, Dec. 2003.
Supervision of Master’s internship and PhD:
- 2022 Gaëlle Sadowski, “ Preparation of the cross-section measurement for forming negative ion hydrogen in hydrogen-positrinium collisions“ Co-supervision of Internship of Master 2, Université Lyon I
- 2019 Romain Mériot, “Study of space propulsion based on antimatter”, Internship of Master 2,ENS Paris-Saclay.
- 2017–2020 Samuel Niang, “Optimisation of positron accumulation in the Gbar experiment and study of space propulsion based on antimatter”, Université Paris-Saclay
- 2011–2014 Alexandre Fauré, “Search for Higgs boson in the μμνν final states and measurement of the ttbar production asymmetry in the dilepton final states (in French)”, PhD thesis,Paris XI, Irfu-14-05-T (2014).
- 2003–2006 Marine Michaut, “Search for Supersymmetric Higgs Bosons at Large tan(beta) at the D0 Detector (in French)”, PhD thesis, Paris XI, Dapnia-06-17-T (2006)
- Participation to the supervision of several PhDs, in the context of the DØ muon-identification, W/Z, Higgs, and top groups.
Since 2021 Supervision of Laboratory work (1 month) of the Master 2 entitled "Nucleus, Particles, Astroparticles, Cosmology", université Paris-Saclay
2008–2013 Training lecture in High Energy Physics computing for Master in science students Nucleus, Particles, Astroparticles, Cosmology, université Paris VI, VII et XI.
1997–2000 Teaching assistant, universit ? Paris XI. Approximately 190 hours in wave physics, electromagnetism, and laboratory work (first year students)
Publication summary (H-index=48)
As a member of the DØ collaboration, co-author of approximately 360 publications in peer-reviewed journal (mainly in Physical Review D and Physical Review Letter). As a member of the ALEPH collaboration, co-author of approximately 70 publications in peer-reviewed journal. The list of these publications can be seen on inspire, or on the D0 web site. Also Co-author of several Gbar publications.
Main DØ publications and preliminary results:
- T. A. Aaltonen et al. [CDF and D0 Collaborations], “Combined Forward-Backward Asymmetry Measurements in Top-Antitop Quark Production at the Tevatron,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 042001 (2018)
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Combination of D0 measurements of the top quark mass,” Phys. Rev. D 95, 112004 (2017)
- The CDF and D0 Collaborations, “Combination of CDF and D0 results on the mass of the top quark using up to 9.7 fb−1 at the Tevatron”, DØ Note 6486-CONF, CDF Note 11204, arXiv:1608.01881 (2016).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Simultaneous measurement of forward-backward asymmetry and top polarization in dilepton final states from ttbar production at the Tevatron,” Phys. Rev. D 92, no. 5, 052007 (2015)
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Muon reconstruction and identification with the Run II D0 detector”, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 737, 281 (2014).
- T. Aaltonen et al. [CDF and D0 Collaborations], “Higgs Boson Studies at the Tevatron”, Phys. Rev. D 88, 052014 (2013).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Combined search for the Higgs boson with the D0 experiment”, Phys. Rev. D 88, 052011 (2013).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for Higgs boson production in oppositely charged dilepton and missing energy final states in 9.7 fb−1 of pbar collisions at sqrt s=1.96 TeV”, Phys. Rev. D 88, 052006 (2013).
- T. Aaltonen et al. [CDF and D0 Collaborations], “Search for Neutral Higgs Bosons in Events with Multiple Bottom Quarks at the Tevatron”, Phys. Rev. D 86, 091101(R) (2012).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for Higgs boson production in oppositely charged dilepton and missing energy events in p pbar collisions at sqrt s = 1.96 TeV”, Phys. Rev. D 86, 032010 (2012).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for neutral Higgs bosons in the multi-b-jet topology in 5.2fb−1 of ppbar collisions at s = 1.96 TeV,” Phys. Lett. B 698, 97 (2011).
- The D0 Collaboration, “Combined Upper Limits on MSSM Higgs-Boson Production with up to 2.6fb-1 of Data At D0” DØ Note 5935-CONF (2009).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for neutral Higgs bosons in multi-b-jet events in ppbar collisions at sqrt s = 1.96-TeV,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 221802 (2008).
- The D0 Collaboration, “Search for Neutral Higgs Bosons at High tan(beta) in Multi-jet Events.”, DØ Note 5203-CONF (2006).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for neutral supersymmetric Higgs bosons in multijet events at s = 1.96-TeV,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 151801 (2005).
- The D0 Collaboration, “Measurement of the Cross Section for Inclusive W Production in the Muon Channel at s = 1.96 TeV using the D0 Detector”, DØ Note 4750-CONF (2005).
Main ALEPH publications:
- S. Schael et al. [ALEPH Collaboration and DELPHI Collaboration and L3 Collaboration and OPAL Collaborations and LEP Working Group for Higgs Boson Searches], “Search for neutral MSSM Higgs bosons at LEP,” Eur. Phys. J. C 47, 547 (2006)[arXiv:hep-ex/0602042].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration and DELPHI Collaboration and L3 Collaboration and OPAL Collaborations and LEP Working Group for Higgs Boson Searches], “Search for the standard model Higgs boson at LEP,” Phys. Lett. B 565, 61 (2003)[ arXiv:hep-ex/0306033].
- A. Heister et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Final results of the searches for neutral Higgs bosons in e+ e- collisions at s**(1/2) up to 209-GeV,” Phys. Lett. B 526, 191 (2002) [arXiv:hep-ex/0201014].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Observation of an excess in the search for the standard model Higgs boson at ALEPH,” Phys. Lett. B 495, 1 (2000) [arXiv:hep-ex/0011045].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Searches for neutral Higgs bosons in e+ e- collisions at centre-of-mass energies from 192-GeV to 202-GeV,” Phys. Lett. B 499, 53 (2001) [arXiv:hep-ex/0010062].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Search for the neutral Higgs bosons of the standard model and the MSSM in e+ e- collisions at s**(1/2) = 189-GeV,” Eur. Phys. J. C 17, 223 (2000).
Publications by the Gbar collaboration:
- P. Blumer, M. Charlton, M. Chung, P. Cladé, P. Comini, P. Crivelli, O. Dalkarov, P. Debu, L. Dodd, A. Douillet, et al., “Positron accumulation in the GBAR experiment ” Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 1040, 167263 (2022)
- A. Husson, B. H. Kim, A. Welker, M. Charlton, J. J. Choi, M. Chung, P. Cladé, P. Comini, P. P. Crépin and P. Crivelli, et al., “A pulsed high-voltage decelerator system to deliver low-energy antiprotons,” Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 1002, 165245 (2021)
- M. Charlton, J. J. Choi, M. Chung, P. Cladé, P. Comini, P. P. Crépin, P. Crivelli, O. Dalkarov, P. Debu and L. Dodd, et al., “Positron production using a 9 MeV electron linac for the GBAR experiment,” Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 985, 164657 (2021)
- S. Niang et al. [GBAR], “Accumulation of Positrons from a LINAC Based Source,” Acta Phys. Polon. A 137, 164-166 (2020)
- B. Tuchming “Long-sought decay of the Higgs boson seen”, Nature 564, 46-47 (2018)
- P. Colas, B. Tuchming “Who will catch the Higgs ?”, La Recherche 364, 30-37, (2003)
- B. Tuchming, “Search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the Aleph experiment”, PHd thesis (in French), Dapnia-SPP-00-05-T (2000).
- B. Tuchming, “From muons to supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the DØ experiment”, Habilitation thesis (in French), Irfu-10-304 (2010).
Conferences, seminars, and communications
- Progress on the TPC prototype in Saclay, The 2018 International Workshop on the High Energy Circular Electron Positron Collider, Nov. 2018, Beijing (China).
- Recent Top-Quark Results from D0, Fermilab Joint Experimental-Theoretical Physics Seminar, Sep. 2015, Fermilab, Batavia, IL (US).
- Tevatron Higgs results, Higgs Hunting, Jul. 2014, Orsay.
- Standard Model Higgs boson, experimental overview, Meetings IPHT–SPP “Higgs physics”, Sep. 2013, Saclay.
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, GDR TeraScale, Nov.2012, Paris.
- Search for high mass standard model Higgs boson at Tevatron, Higgs Hunting, Jul. 2012, Orsay.
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, Irfu Higgs days, Oct. 2011, Saclay.
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, GDR TeraScale, Apr. 2011, Lyon.
- Recherche du Higgs au Tevatron, r ?sultats et perspectives, Physics Atlas France, Oct. 2009, Evian.
- Search for neutral Higgs bosons at Tevatron beyond the Standard Model International Workshop: 10-25 years of DØ France, Oct. 2008, LPNHE Paris
- Exprimental status of search for Higgs bosons, division of particles and fields, French Physics Society congress, Juil. 2007, Grenoble
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, CMS France, Palaiseau, Jan. 2007
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, seminar, Nov. 2006, LPSC Grenoble
- Search for Higgs bosons at LEP, International school of subnuclear physics, student session, Erice, Italy, Sept. 2001
- Search for Higgs bosons at LEP, division of particles and fields, French Physics Society congress, Strasbourg, Jul. 2001
- Search for Higgs boson: results from LEPC of 5 Sept., SPP Thursday Lecture, DSM/DAPNIA/SPP, CEA Saclay, Sept. 2000
- Search for Higgs bosons in Aleph, young scientist seminar, Theory department, CEA Saclay, Jan. 2000
- Search for Higgs bosons in Aleph, DSM/DAPNIA/SPP seminar, CEA Saclay, Nov. 1999
- Search for sypersymmetric Higgs bosons in Aleph, Young Scientist Meeting (RJC98), Grasse, France, Dec. 1998
International conferences with proceedings
- Recent Top quark results from the Tevatron, 53th Rencontres de Moriond on QCD and High Energy Interactions (Moriond QCD 2018), La Thuile, Italia, Mar. 2018
- Recent results from D0 and recent Tevatron combinations, XXXI Rencontres de Physique de La Vallée d’Aoste, La Thuile, Italia, Mar. 2017,
- Top mass and polarization at the Tevatron, International Europhysics Conference of High Energy Physics, (HEP-EPS15), , Vienna, Austria, Jul. 2015
- Higgs boson production and properties at the Tevatron, 49th Rencontres de Moriond on QCD and High Energy Interactions (Moriond QCD 2014), La Thuile, Italia, Mar. 2014
- Tevatron Higgs results, Large Hadron Collider Physics 2013 (LHCP13), Barcelona, Spain, May 2013
- Spin and parity of Higgs-like particle at D0, Large Hadron Collider Physics 2013 (LHCP13), Barcelona, Spain, May 2013
- Search for high mass standard model Higgs bosons at Tevatron in di-lepton modes, International Europhysics Conference of High Energy Physics, (HEP-EPS11), Grenoble, Jul. 2011.
- Standard Model high mass Higgs search at DZero, 35th International Conference on High Energy Physics (ICHEP2010), Paris, Jul. 2010.
- Search for Low Mass Standard Model Higgs Boson at Tevatron Run II, XVI International Workshop on Deep-Inelastic Scattering and Related Subjects (DIS08), London, Apr. 2008.
- Top physics at the Tevatron Run 2, Physics in Collisions (PIC06), Buzios, Brazil, Jul. 2006.
- Higgs results from Tevatron, Physics at LHC 2004, (PLHC04), Vienna, Jul. 2004.
- Recent QCD and top results at the D0 experiment, QCD 2003 (QCD03), Montpellier, Jul. 2003.
- MSSM Higgs Search at LEP2, Lake Louise Winter Institute 2000, Lake Louise, Canada, Feb. 2000.