2015-now Study of space propulsion based on antimatter. See internship proposal here (in French) or there (in English).
2014-now R&D on time projection chambers (TPC) based on micromegas technology. See PhD proposal here.
- Construction of a mini TPC test bench to study impact of space charge on tracking in the context of detector studies for FCC-e (Future electron Circular Collider)
- Performance studies on TPC for ILC (International Linear Collider)
2001-now Member of the DØ experiment, at the Fermilab Tevatron ppbar collider (Ilinois, USA). Main physics interests: top-quark, Higgs boson, Electroweak physics, muon tracking and identification.
2001–now Expertise in muon reconstruction and identification at DØ.
2013–2015 Study of the production asymmetry and polarization of top quark pairs.
2009–2012 Search of the Standard Model Higgs boson in the H → W + W − → μμνν channel
2003–2009 Search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the hb(b) → bbb(b) channel
2002–2005 Measurement of the W → μν production cross-section at DØ
2001–2002 In charge of the software for tracking and reconstruction in the DØ muon spectrometer. In charge of the muon matching algorithm between the central tracking system and the muon spectrometer.
1997–2001 Member of the Aleph experiment at LEP (e+e-) CERN collider. PhD at CEA Saclay on the search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in Aleph in the e+ e− → hA → bbbb and e+ e− → hZ → q q b b channels. In charge of Aleph e+ e− → hA →bbbb official analysis.
2001-now Many reponsibilities and positions within the DØ international collaboration:
2015-now DØ Physics coordinator
Sep. 2014–Jan. 2015 Convener of the DØ “top, electroweak, and Higgs physics” group
2013–2014 Convener of the DØ “top and Higgs boson physics” group
2012–2013 Convener of the DØ “Higgs boson physics” group
Mar.–Jul. 2012 Convener of the “Search for Higgs boson at high mass” subgroup
2010–2012 Convener of the “Vector boson + jets and generators” group
2009–2010 Convener of the “muon momentum resolution” task force
2005–2008 Convener of the “Muon identification and software” group
Mar.–Sep. 2005 Convener of the “Z → μ+μ− and W → μν production” subgroup
Other scientific or administrative responsibilities
2014-now Head of DØ Irfu/SPP group
2013-2015 Member of DØ speakers’ Bureau
2006-now In charge of computing and computing purchase at Irfu/Spp
2000-2005 In charge of Dapnia/Spp web site.
2013-now Referee for European Physical Journal C and Physics Letter B.
2009–2012 Elected member of the scientific and technical council of Irfu/Spp, Secretary.
2008–2012 Member of DØ editorial board: "Search for new physics in multi-lepton final states"
2007 Referee for the Atlas and CMS group at the scientific and technical council of Irfu/Spp
2016 PhD Jury for Oleh Kivernyk,``Measurement of the W boson mass with the Atlas detector'', Paris-Saclay
2014 PhD Jury for Ivo Nicolas Naranjo Fong, “Tau lepton reconstruction and search for Higgs bosons decaying into tau pairs at CMS”, Ecole polytechnique.
2013 PhD Jury for de Dikai Li and referee for a major revision, “ Search for the standard model Higgs boson in the lν + bb final states in 9.7 fb−1 of p pbar collision with the DØ detector“, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI.
Workshops and conferences
2015 Member of the Program Committee for the “Large Hadron Collider Physics” (LHCP2016) conference, Lund (Sweden)
2014 Member of the Program Committee for Top at Twenty workshop, Fermilab, IL (USA)
2004 Preparatory work for DSM/Dapnia and IN2P3 prospect days, La Colle Sur Loup, Oct. 2004
2003 Convener of New Phenomena session, Young scientists days, (JJC2003), La Roche-en-Ardennes Belgian, Dec. 2003.
Supervision of Master’s internship and PhD:
- 2017–20xx Samuel Niang, “Optimisation of positron accumulation in the Gbar experiment and study of space propulsion based on antimatter).
- 2011–2014 Alexandre Fauré, “Search for Higgs boson in the μμνν final states and measurement of the ttbar production asymmetry in the dilepton final states (in French)”, PhD thesis,Paris XI, Irfu-14-05-T (2014).
- 2003–2006 Marine Michaut, “Search for Supersymmetric Higgs Bosons at Large tan(beta) at the D0 Detector (in French)”, PhD thesis, Paris XI, Dapnia-06-17-T (2006)
- Participation to the supervision of several PhDs, in the context of the DØ muon-identification, W/Z, Higgs, and top groups.
2008–2013 Training lecture in High Energy Physics computing for Master in science students Nucleus, Particles, Astroparticles, Cosmology, université Paris VI, VII et XI.
1997–2000 Teaching assistant, universit ? Paris XI. Approximately 190 hours in wave physics, electromagnetism, and laboratory work (first year students)
2010 French habilitation to supervize doctoral theses (HDR), From muons to supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the DØ experiment, université Paris VII.
2000 Philosophiæ Doctor, Search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the Aleph experiment, université Paris XI.
1997 Master of Science, Fields, Particles, and Matter, université Paris XI.
1996 Engineer degree by Ecole polytechnique (X93), Ecole polytechnique, Palaiseau, France.
Publication summary (H-index=48)
As a member of the DØ collaboration, co-author of approximately 360 publications in peer-reviewed journal (mainly in Physical Review D and Physical Review Letter). As a member of the ALEPH collaboration, co-author of approximately 70 publications in peer-reviewed journal. The list of these publications can be seen on inspire, or on the D0 web site.
Main DØ publications and preliminary results:
- T. A. Aaltonen et al. [CDF and D0 Collaborations], “Combined Forward-Backward Asymmetry Measurements in Top-Antitop Quark Production at the Tevatron,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 042001 (2018)
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Combination of D0 measurements of the top quark mass,” Phys. Rev. D 95, 112004 (2017)
- The CDF and D0 Collaborations, “Combination of CDF and D0 results on the mass of the top quark using up to 9.7 fb−1 at the Tevatron”, DØ Note 6486-CONF, CDF Note 11204, arXiv:1608.01881 (2016).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Simultaneous measurement of forward-backward asymmetry and top polarization in dilepton final states from ttbar production at the Tevatron,” Phys. Rev. D 92, no. 5, 052007 (2015)
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Muon reconstruction and identification with the Run II D0 detector”, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 737, 281 (2014).
- T. Aaltonen et al. [CDF and D0 Collaborations], “Higgs Boson Studies at the Tevatron”, Phys. Rev. D 88, 052014 (2013).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Combined search for the Higgs boson with the D0 experiment”, Phys. Rev. D 88, 052011 (2013).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for Higgs boson production in oppositely charged dilepton and missing energy final states in 9.7 fb−1 of pbar collisions at sqrt s=1.96 TeV”, Phys. Rev. D 88, 052006 (2013).
- T. Aaltonen et al. [CDF and D0 Collaborations], “Search for Neutral Higgs Bosons in Events with Multiple Bottom Quarks at the Tevatron”, Phys. Rev. D 86, 091101(R) (2012).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for Higgs boson production in oppositely charged dilepton and missing energy events in p pbar collisions at sqrt s = 1.96 TeV”, Phys. Rev. D 86, 032010 (2012).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for neutral Higgs bosons in the multi-b-jet topology in 5.2fb−1 of ppbar collisions at s = 1.96 TeV,” Phys. Lett. B 698, 97 (2011).
- The D0 Collaboration, “Combined Upper Limits on MSSM Higgs-Boson Production with up to 2.6fb-1 of Data At D0” DØ Note 5935-CONF (2009).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for neutral Higgs bosons in multi-b-jet events in ppbar collisions at sqrt s = 1.96-TeV,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 221802 (2008).
- The D0 Collaboration, “Search for Neutral Higgs Bosons at High tan(beta) in Multi-jet Events.”, DØ Note 5203-CONF (2006).
- V. M. Abazov et al. [D0 Collaboration], “Search for neutral supersymmetric Higgs bosons in multijet events at s = 1.96-TeV,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 151801 (2005).
- The D0 Collaboration, “Measurement of the Cross Section for Inclusive W Production in the Muon Channel at s = 1.96 TeV using the D0 Detector”, DØ Note 4750-CONF (2005).
Main ALEPH publications:
- S. Schael et al. [ALEPH Collaboration and DELPHI Collaboration and L3 Collaboration and OPAL Collaborations and LEP Working Group for Higgs Boson Searches], “Search for neutral MSSM Higgs bosons at LEP,” Eur. Phys. J. C 47, 547 (2006)[arXiv:hep-ex/0602042].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration and DELPHI Collaboration and L3 Collaboration and OPAL Collaborations and LEP Working Group for Higgs Boson Searches], “Search for the standard model Higgs boson at LEP,” Phys. Lett. B 565, 61 (2003)[ arXiv:hep-ex/0306033].
- A. Heister et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Final results of the searches for neutral Higgs bosons in e+ e- collisions at s**(1/2) up to 209-GeV,” Phys. Lett. B 526, 191 (2002) [arXiv:hep-ex/0201014].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Observation of an excess in the search for the standard model Higgs boson at ALEPH,” Phys. Lett. B 495, 1 (2000) [arXiv:hep-ex/0011045].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Searches for neutral Higgs bosons in e+ e- collisions at centre-of-mass energies from 192-GeV to 202-GeV,” Phys. Lett. B 499, 53 (2001) [arXiv:hep-ex/0010062].
- R. Barate et al. [ALEPH Collaboration], “Search for the neutral Higgs bosons of the standard model and the MSSM in e+ e- collisions at s**(1/2) = 189-GeV,” Eur. Phys. J. C 17, 223 (2000).
- B. Tuchming “Long-sought decay of the Higgs boson seen”, Nature 564, 46-47 (2018)
- P. Colas, B. Tuchming “Who will catch the Higgs ?”, La Recherche 364, 30-37, (2003)
- B. Tuchming, “Search for supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the Aleph experiment”, PHd thesis (in French), Dapnia-SPP-00-05-T (2000).
- B. Tuchming, “From muons to supersymmetric Higgs bosons in the DØ experiment”, Habilitation thesis (in French), Irfu-10-304 (2010).
Conferences, seminars, and communications
- Recent Top-Quark Results from D0, Fermilab Joint Experimental-Theoretical Physics Seminar, Sep. 2015, Fermilab, Batavia, IL (US).
- Tevatron Higgs results, Higgs Hunting, Jul. 2014, Orsay.
- Standard Model Higgs boson, experimental overview, Meetings IPHT–SPP “Higgs physics”, Sep. 2013, Saclay.
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, GDR TeraScale, Nov.2012, Paris.
- Search for high mass standard model Higgs boson at Tevatron, Higgs Hunting, Jul. 2012, Orsay.
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, Irfu Higgs days, Oct. 2011, Saclay.
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, GDR TeraScale, Apr. 2011, Lyon.
- Recherche du Higgs au Tevatron, r ?sultats et perspectives, Physics Atlas France, Oct. 2009, Evian.
- Search for neutral Higgs bosons at Tevatron beyond the Standard Model International Workshop: 10-25 years of DØ France, Oct. 2008, LPNHE Paris
- Exprimental status of search for Higgs bosons, division of particles and fields, French Physics Society congress, Juil. 2007, Grenoble
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, CMS France, Palaiseau, Jan. 2007
- Search for Higgs bosons at Tevatron, seminar, Nov. 2006, LPSC Grenoble
- Search for Higgs bosons at LEP, International school of subnuclear physics, student session, Erice, Italy, Sept. 2001
- Search for Higgs bosons at LEP, division of particles and fields, French Physics Society congress, Strasbourg, Jul. 2001
- Search for Higgs boson: results from LEPC of 5 Sept., SPP Thursday Lecture, DSM/DAPNIA/SPP, CEA Saclay, Sept. 2000
- Search for Higgs bosons in Aleph, young scientist seminar, Theory department, CEA Saclay, Jan. 2000
- Search for Higgs bosons in Aleph, DSM/DAPNIA/SPP seminar, CEA Saclay, Nov. 1999
- Search for sypersymmetric Higgs bosons in Aleph, Young Scientist Meeting (RJC98), Grasse, France, Dec. 1998
International conferences with proceedings
- Recent Top quark results from the Tevatron, 53th Rencontres de Moriond on QCD and High Energy Interactions (Moriond QCD 2018), La Thuile, Italia, Mar. 2018
- Recent results from D0 and recent Tevatron combinations, XXXI Rencontres de Physique de La Vallée d’Aoste, La Thuile, Italia, Mar. 2017,
- Top mass and polarization at the Tevatron, International Europhysics Conference of High Energy Physics, (HEP-EPS15), , Vienna, Austria, Jul. 2015
- Higgs boson production and properties at the Tevatron, 49th Rencontres de Moriond on QCD and High Energy Interactions (Moriond QCD 2014), La Thuile, Italia, Mar. 2014
- Tevatron Higgs results, Large Hadron Collider Physics 2013 (LHCP13), Barcelona, Spain, May 2013
- Spin and parity of Higgs-like particle at D0, Large Hadron Collider Physics 2013 (LHCP13), Barcelona, Spain, May 2013
- Search for high mass standard model Higgs bosons at Tevatron in di-lepton modes, International Europhysics Conference of High Energy Physics, (HEP-EPS11), Grenoble, Jul. 2011.
- Standard Model high mass Higgs search at DZero, 35th International Conference on High Energy Physics (ICHEP2010), Paris, Jul. 2010.
- Search for Low Mass Standard Model Higgs Boson at Tevatron Run II, XVI International Workshop on Deep-Inelastic Scattering and Related Subjects (DIS08), London, Apr. 2008.
- Top physics at the Tevatron Run 2, Physics in Collisions (PIC06), Buzios, Brazil, Jul. 2006.
- Higgs results from Tevatron, Physics at LHC 2004, (PLHC04), Vienna, Jul. 2004.
- Recent QCD and top results at the D0 experiment, QCD 2003 (QCD03), Montpellier, Jul. 2003.
- MSSM Higgs Search at LEP2, Lake Louise Winter Institute 2000, Lake Louise, Canada, Feb. 2000.