352 MHz RF Platform
352 MHz klystrons in Synergium
High power tests of RF accelerator components (power couplers, RFQ, warm cavities) can be performed for structures resonating at 352 MHz. The platform is equipped with two CW klystrons and one pulsed klystron. RF signal can be sent to three radiation shielded bunkers.
1.3 MW CW 352 MHz klystron
- Two CW klystrons (P = 1.3 MW, f = 352 MHz), connected to IPHI RFQ bunker,
- One pulsed klystron (PPeak = 2.8 MW, f = 352 MHz), providing pulses with duration from T = 10 μs to 3.6 ms at repetition rates from r = 1 to 50 Hz (max P = 240 kW average power). This pulsed RF signal can be sent to:
- ESS/RFQ radiation shielded bunker,
- ESS/SARAF radiation shielded bunker.
ESS RFQ power couplers test stand
Achievements, related projects
- RF conditioning of IPHI RFQ,
- RF conditioning of a pair of power couplers for IPNO ESS spoke cavities,
- RF conditioning for power couplers of ESS RFQ.
Technical steps, expertise
- Installation of RF components and control / command provided by client,
- Connection to RF guides, water cooling if needed and RF safety system,
- Test / conditioning of RF component according to protocol agreed upon by client and CEA,
- Dismounting of RF component.
Last update : 08/07 2017 (3999)