An international conference in memory of Professor Jean-Paul Zahn's great scientific achievements
Second announcement of the international conference to honour Jean-Paul Zahn’s career
27th to 30th of June 2016 at IAP, Paris, France
Jean-Paul Zahn’s great scientific career and contribution to many fields of astrophysics will be remembered during an international conference held at IAP, Paris, France during the last week of June 2016.
Key topics to illustrate his significant scientific contribution will be:
- Tides in stars and planets
- Seismology and Stellar Structure, Evolution and Rotation
- Convection, Magnetism and Dynamo
- Instabilities, turbulence and disks
The conference will have 4 Keynote lectures by
Prof. S.Charnoz, Prof. André Maeder, Prof. Juri Toomre and Prof. Ed Spiegel.
and 7 Invited speakers:
Prof. D. Gough, Prof. S. Vauclair, Dr. K. Belkacem, Dr. S. Fromang, Pr. P. Garaud, Dr. J. Leconte, Dr. A. Strugarek
covering the many topics Jean-Paul worked on.
The registration fee is 220 € (including coffee breaks and 2 cocktails in salle Cassini at the Observatory of Paris). Registration is open.
Money can only be accepted through wire transfer at the following Bank Account (click here for details - will open a pdf file),
Please indicate as comment on the wire "Conference AstroFluid 2016" to ease the process.
Deadline for submitting abstract is May 10th.
A conference dinner on a Bateau Mouche on la Seine is planned for Tuesday night (cost 50€/person).
Late bird fees after the 23rd of May (including participants paying in cash at the conference desk) will be 280€.
Limited travel support for young scientists is available. Deadline for requesting travel support is May 10th.
Please contact us for details.
A list of hotels near IAP in Paris can be find below.
Please remember that the Euro soccer cup will be happening
in Paris during that period, so please book up your lodging as early as possible.
Please mark your calendar, Looking forward to seeing you in Paris.
SOC: A.S. Brun (co-chair), S. Mathis (co-chair), A. Baglin, N. Brummell, C. Catala, G. Chagelishvili, C. Charbonnel, B. Dubrulle, E. Michel, G. Ogilvie, M. Proctor, M. Rieutord, A. Title.
LOC: A.S. Brun (co-chair), S. Mathis (co-chair), N. Prantzos (co-chair), K. Augustson, A. Baglin, P. Chavegrand, C. Emeriau, C. Imad, V. Reville
To help you in your search we have an agreement for a discount CEA rate with some Hotels by using codename
“CEA” or “Conference in Astrophysics”.
2 hotels in downtown Paris, near Place Denfert-Rochereau, and an easy access to RER B line:
Hotel du Midi : http://www.midi-hotel-paris.com/
Hotel du Lion : http://www.paris-hotel-lion.com/fr/
Coming to the IAP:
The IAP is located in the heart of Paris near the Place Denfert-Rochereau. Our adress is: 98 bis boulevard Arago, 75014 Paris.
- Métro : stations Saint-Jacques or Denfert Rochereau (lines 6 and 4)
- RER B : station Denfert Rochereau
- Bus : 58, 68, 88, 216
Ways to come
- From the Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport: take RER B heading South (Denfert Rochereau via Paris). Or take an Air France shuttle to Denfert Rochereau. Travel time: 1 hour.
- From Orly airport: take the automatic metro Orlyval up to Antony station, then take RER B heading to Gare du Nord up to Denfert Rochereau. Travel time: 40 mins. You can also take the Orlybus to Denfert Rochereau. Travel time: 35 mins.
- From Gare du Nord: take RER B heading South (to Denfert Rochereau via Paris) or line 4 heading towards Porte d’Orléans, and get off at Denfert Rochereau station. Travel Time: 30 mins.
- From Gare de Lyon: take line 14, heading towards Olympiades. Switch at Bercy station and take line 6, heading towards Charles de Gaulle-Etoile. Get off at Saint Jacques station. Travel time: 20 mins.
For further information, please contact :
Mise à jour : 07/07/2016 - Contacter le rédacteur