TraceWin rapid explanation
TraceWin is used for linear and non linear calculations for 2D or 3D ions or electrons beams. It permits fast beam envelop computations or/and can be used as a GUI for Toutatis and Partran (macroparticle transport in linacs).
The code is capable to match the beam to a channel. The different elements of a linac can be tuned (EM fields amplitude, length, phase for cavity) to obtain phase advance law or to set the beam size or Twiss parameters at different locations. Multiparticle transport can be executed transparently compared to envelope computations, this allows to easily study the impact of non linear effects.
It is possible to plot most of relevant value about linac structure or beam. Zoom, hardcopy, save on disk, scale change, copy-paste tools are available.
Sensitivity to element errors in a linac can be studied by using a Monte Carlo approach. A huge number of cases can be simulated remotely via a home made client/server architecture. A heterogeneous array of machines can be used.
· A wide range elements including RFQ with Toutatis module,
· 1D, 2D, 3D static and dynamic fields map (with superposition capability),
· envelope and macro-particle tracking simulations,
· start-to-end simulations from source to target,
· transport of two beams in the same structure,
· gas stripping and scattering analysis,
· automatic transverse and longitudinal beam tuning,
· correction procedure based on diagnostics,
· static and dynamic error simulations for all elements,
· simulations with large number of particles for large scale computations (Monte Carlo) based on a client/server architecture,
· statistic analysis including beam loss location,
· GUI and various help tools,
· Windows/Linux/MACOS versions,
· reference code for IFMIF, LINAC4, SPIRAL2, EUROTRANS, EURISOL and SPL projects,
· successful comparison with experiments at the UNILAC (GSI).
Download code and quotation: http://irfu.cea.fr/dacm/logiciels/
Contact: Didier URIOT